Monday, October 22, 2012

Print

I am actually very happy with my artwork. I did not think I would do very good with the toad but it ended up very nice in my opinion. The background blended very well with the the toad itself. I added patterns to the toad to make it more interesting. It added more texture to the print. I used the negative space to outline the toad. The positive space takes up the majority of the print. I like the white paint on the black paper. I tried to keep the print very neat. I believe I accomplished that very well. I took my time when printing the lino-cut onto the paper. This created an even and more solid color print. I did not achieve depth too great but I was not thinking that completely through before I started the project. I was thinking more about my main drawing than background. I had an obstacle by making the background late but there was no obstacles other than that. I thought this project was fun and would not mind doing something like it again.

1 comment:

  1. i ant really tell what it is but io like the colors

    ReplyDelete