Friday, September 21, 2012

Value Portraits

My process began by tracing the picture of her face. I then traced it again on to a seperate piece of paper. I then began to shade her hair and then her face. I found different values in the portrait by looking at the lighting on her face. I believe Mr. Sands took the picture in a certain lighting on purpose. Characteristics like her hair gave certain shadows on her face a detailed look. I tried to achieve a large range of values on my drawing. I tried to slowly shade lighter so my shading would be more realistic. If I would of drawn a line then stopped shading when I got to the line it would not of been very realistic, shadows slowly fade in real life. I could of done better like always but I still like how I did on my drawing. I tried to be as neat as possible with a small amount of smear marks. I am happy with the way I did on this drawing. Drawing the hair took a large amount of time and put me back a little. I just stayed focused and didn't let the time lost effect how much detail I put in the drawing. Other than that I did not have any other obstacles while drawing this portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment